Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A few emails

So the other day I get this email:


To: crazedlunatik@gmail.com
From: (Name Withheld)
Subject: Your Blog

Michael!
What is the deal? You were on some crazy writing bent and everytime I logged in there was something to read! Now I have not seen a post at all this month! What is the deal here?! I am very upset at the lack of maintaining the blog... it was part of my routine. Everyday I was here! You better start writing again or you are off the Christmas list!

Yours truly,
(Name Withheld)


Well I am glad you are an avid reader but I know you are lying. If you were on everyday you would not have something new to read everyday. I only posted 7 times last month. Thanks for being a liar Mr. Lying Liarpants! Anyway I promise I am working on a story to post. I have written 2 but they suck so I am waiting until I get inspired or when I am procrastinating on my homework.

In other news my cousin is running in his third marathon this year. He has decided to be a charity runner this year and is raising money. I have decided to try and help him. I am enclosing the email he sent out in this post, check it out and hopefully you feel motivated to donate. Here is the email:

Dear family & friends,

Six hours and six minutes, followed a year later by five hours and thirty-seven minutes. These were my times for completing my first 2 Chicago Marathons. I am attempting my third on October 12th. While I won’t be breaking any records, I am hoping to raise money as a charity runner.

This year I have decided to make the marathon more meaningful by becoming a charity runner. I have signed up to raise funds for Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (glasa.org). They are an Illinois organization that assists individuals with disabilities participate in sports through numerous camps, clinics, competitions, and events.

I am looking for your support in setting a personal record (hopefully under 5 hours) and achieving a $1,000 fundraising goal. Please help by contributing at my online fundraising site or mailing a check directing to GLASA. Don’t forget to check if your employer provides matching for charitable contributions! Your contribution will dramatically impact this local organization’s impact in our backyard.

Online Contributions:
http://www.active.com/donate/teamglasamarathon08/RWaddell

Mail-in Contributions:
GLASA
400 E. Illinois Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
Memo line of check – Chicago Marathon, Robert Waddell

Sincerely,

Robert Waddell


Anyway, until next time!

No comments: