Tuesday, May 11, 2010

OUTLAW!

I don't know how many of you have seen the commercial for the new Robin Hood movie but it has caught my eye. I guess telling a totally different story from all known stories is originality and not just theft of a well known and beloved hero. I mean... why not? I have a new cartoon coming out called Spongebob and it will tell the story of how he became a sponge. Then I have a new movie coming out called Huck. That is a story about Huckleberry Finn about 30 years after the original story. Mainly he sits around in his underwear and watches football but it gets interesting when the electric company turns off his lights.

Of course this is not the main reason I am writing. I have become irritated by the way the evil king dude says outlaw in the commercial. Why must this guy yell the word outlaw? Does yelling make it mean more? I think Hollywood has decided that yelling makes it have more meaning. I do not think that Hollywood allows someone to calmly say "I declare him an OUTLAW!" Apparently Hollywood won't even let me write it without yelling it.

No comments: