Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Money (pt. 3)

I hang up after leaving my last message. I hope that the people will call back.I hear Shawn outside my cell singing taunts to me. If I had just trained to be sneakier, a bit quicker..... instead I find myself looking through my contacts for one more person.

"Gimme the phone." Jimmy says breaking through my desperate thoughts. "I can't have you dialling without supervision."

"I'm just looking at the contacts... trying to see if I got them all...." He takes the phone from my hand to end my objection.

"Maybe one of those people you called will call back. We'll wait and see." His compassion confuses me. It is like he is a different person.

"Doughtfuhl." Shawn yells as he walks in. "Yooh ahreh screhwehd!"

I just look at him for a minute and fight the instinct to attack him. I am half sure I would win but it seems like too big of a chance to take at this point but if things get more desperate....

"Give it a rest Shawn. Don't you have work to do that will take you somewhere else?" Jimmy asks.

"Thah bohsss tohld me tooooh stay here. Thhinks yoooh wehnt sohft." He smiles self satisfactorily. "He cahlled meeeh in to mahke sure ahll loohse ends are tiehd uhp." The twinkle in his eye seems to be dancing as he reveals this last bit of information. I wonder if that was a threat to Jimmy so I steal a glance at Jimmy who seems to be stunned by what Shawn has said.

"What does that mean you metallic piece of crap? You trying to scare me? I don't think the bosses would send an incompetent in to take care of me! You could never make it happen!" Jimmy responds.

Shawn turns his back to me and seems to be no longer aware that I am in the room. "Yooh hahve noh right tooh speahk to me lihke that Jiiiihmmy. They dohn't cahre what you'hre doing here. They just want problems eliminated." He says as loud as his hoarse voice can go.

I look at the back of Shawn for a moment as I formulate a plan. I decide that now is my chance. I have to attack Shawn. I doubt Jimmy would stop me, he has made the loathing of Shawn very clear, but I wonder if he would allow me to escape.

"You are a lousy manager Jimmy. Everybody  hates yOOOOOOFFF!" I tackle him in the midsection knocking the wind out of him. Then I just start wailing on him like a man possessed. He is trying to cover up while whimpering but I have no intention of letting up. After what sems like several minutes but is in reality only about a minute I feel my arms getting tired. I don't want to stop the pummeling so I bring my hands together and use my ebbing strength to hit him with my conjoined fist while adding some kicks for good measure.

Soon I notice I have made him bleed and I feel like stopping but I am too afraid to stop. I begin to wonder why Jimmy isn't pulling me off. I notice that my teeth begin to hurt because I am clamped down so tight as I wail on Shawn. My arms scream out in exhaustion and my hands feel so sore that I am sure they are about to start bleeding. That is when I let up. That is when I stop and look at my hands.... at the blood. Shawn doesn't move.

I fall away from him and back up to the wall. I look over and Jimmy is staring at me like he is not sure he knows who he is dealing with. I echo that sentiment inside my own head. Who am I and how did that just happen? Then another thing occurs to me and I race back to Shawn. Fumble around for the keys and get ready to barrel through Jimmy. When I turn around I notice he is gone and I feel the urge to stop think my next steps through but I don't have the time. I can't squander the opportunity to escape and I am not entirely sure Jimmy didn't go to get a gun. I rush out the door and try to find the exit that will take me to the dead tattooed guys car.

I look down at my hands and notice I have more then Shawn's keys, I have his wallet and a long knife. I do not recall taking these but I recognize that I could probably use both. I tuck the wallet in my pocket and I flip the knife so the back rests against my forearm. I push through the exit toward a back parking lot. I take off my bloody shirt as I walk and I try to use the back, the non bloody side, to wipe up the blood. It soon proves futile and I start walking while hitting the lock button on his little keypad until I hear a distinct chirping. I head that direction and notice Shawn was a proud owner of a minivan. A minivan with the little stick figures that people like to put on their cars to let you know they have a family but this just shows one guy and 2 dogs. I breathe a sigh of relief that he still does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. I would have felt bad about killing someone's father.

I open the door and notice the stench before I even see the mess. It is filled with half eaten fast food and some seems to have went South. I look in the mirror and see blood speckles and my face and decide not too judge. I decide to take a look at the license as I pull out of the parking lot. I take note of his address and I head there immediately. I have the feeling that I should get cleaned up and I have no desire to go home.

The ride passes in a blur and I find myself outside of a small little house that looks run down even though it happens to be in a super wealthy part of the city. I shake my head, get my keys and head to the door. As I do this my head is filled with one thought "What happened to Jimmy?"

3 comments:

Dale said...

I liked part 3 better than the first 2

Dale said...

I like part 3

Unknown said...

Thanks!