Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Phoenix....

I have to admit something about my last trip to Phoenix. I used to always feel like I was home when I would get there and things made sense to me when I was there. This time I kept wishing I was at home (Portland) and everyone was visiting me. I was having bad allergy symptoms and spent most of the week using tissues. I didn't let it slow me down any but I wanted to just curl up in a ball and hide. I felt lousy the whole time I was there. The air was nasty and the pollen was through the roof and it was too hot all the time. I was absolutely dying to get back to my cloud covered sky and the cooler days if I could just stop sneezing. I think if the Devil had offered I might have left Phoenix without a soul just to take my sinus trouble away. Yeah it would have been traded that cheaply, heck a movie fella once gave his soul to learn to pick at a guitar. I would never be bothered by my sinuses again!

So I hated Phoenix but I absolutely loved seeing all of you. Do me a favor and move to a better town. How come I can't visit you guys in Aruba, Ireland, Greece, San Francisco, Belgium, Denver, San Diego, Fiji or anywhere that doesn't get up to 120 degrees in the summer? You can't honestly expect me to believe that all of you love Phoenix, because all I have to say is stop lying to yourself. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

No comments: